In what jockey Xavier Perez called a wild ride, Spicer Cub bolted twice but kept running 'between the parked starting gate and the outside rail' to just miss winning the final race April 13 at Pimlico Race Course.
Hermosillo lit up the tote board on New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day at Monmouth Park Aug. 23, winning the $100,000 Charles Hesse III Handicap and paying $72.40 to give Eddie Broome his fourth winner of the day as a breeder.
Funny Cide broadsides his Preakness rivals in Baltimore by 9 3/4 lengths and the New York-bred heads to New York with a shot at the Triple Crown.
Quidnaskra tracked a slow early pace, pulled away on the second turn, and prevailed by three-quarters of a length to capture the $125,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio