Two-time champion steeplechase jockey Matt McCarron has been named the new trainer at the Pons family's Merryland Farm in Hydes, Md.
Trainer Mary Eppler began 2015 in style at Laurel Park when she saddled three winners the afternoon of Jan. 2.
In what jockey Xavier Perez called a wild ride, Spicer Cub bolted twice but kept running 'between the parked starting gate and the outside rail' to just miss winning the final race April 13 at Pimlico Race Course.
Hermosillo lit up the tote board on New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day at Monmouth Park Aug. 23, winning the $100,000 Charles Hesse III Handicap and paying $72.40 to give Eddie Broome his fourth winner of the day as a breeder.
Funny Cide broadsides his Preakness rivals in Baltimore by 9 3/4 lengths and the New York-bred heads to New York with a shot at the Triple Crown.
Quidnaskra tracked a slow early pace, pulled away on the second turn, and prevailed by three-quarters of a length to capture the $125,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining