Michael Moroney discusses his prospects for Caulfield Guineas Day. watch video
Under brisk urging from jockey Brice Blanc, favored Delta Princess drove to a half-length victory in the $164,550 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday for her second consecutive graded stakes victory on the Churchill Downs lawn.
The British-bred mare Katdogawn has faced many of the most talented turf fillies and mares from the U.S. and around the world throughout her career and the quality of the company she has kept has helped make her the 8-5 morning line favorite for Saturday's 24th running of the $150,000-added Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Churchill Downs.
The wire came just in time for Valentine Dancer, who defended her title in the Cloverleaf Farms Filly & Mare Turf with an all-out effort in the $500,000 Sunshine Millions event at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
A B Noodle disposed of pace rival Hippogator on the turn and cruised to a front-running three-length victory in the $113,750 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr.IIIT) on the Bay Meadows turf Saturday.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale will be at Bay Meadows Saturday to saddle Arabic Song in the $125,000 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge