Romain Malhouitre, a former manager with Dixiana and Woods Edge farms, has been named vice president and general manager of Runnymede Farm Inc., effective immediately.
Martin O'Dowd is opening a new bloodstock management venture while continuing to oversee Runnymede's international breeding and racing operations under a consulting agreement, it was announced Oct. 28.
Consignors and buyers generally were busy and in a good mood one day before the start of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington.
While rest of the world worries about the European debt crisis and America's high unemployment rate, horsemen are starting to see signs that the struggling Thoroughbred market is taking a turn for the better.
Kazadancoa, a foundation mare for Catesby Clay's Runnymede Farm, died at the Paris, Ky., farm March 30.
Rogue Romance will miss the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a fracture in his left forefoot, trainer Ken McPeek reported March 18.
Runnymede Farm has decided to enter homebred Rogue Romance in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.
Catesby Clay's Runnymede Farm near Paris, Ky., has enjoyed a string of successes that could not have been more perfectly timed.
Observations from those involved with the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky summer yearling sale.
Quotes from consignors, buyers, and sales company officials at the 2001 Keeneland July Selected Yearling sale
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Stars of the Oaks: Blind Luck
- Records Fall at 'Phenomenal' OBS Spring Sale
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- That Handicapping Show: Derby Trial Stakes
- Arizona Bill Legalizing ADW Sent to Governor
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Cairo Prince Scheduled for Ankle Surgery
- Proctor Sends Out Sharp Pair in Wilshire 'Cap
- Inimitable Romanee Earns Upset Nod in Bewitch