If Lady Eli continues her progress as planned, 43-year-old Jay Hanley will come full circle back to Santa Anita on Oct. 31 when he is represented by his first Breeders' Cup starter in the Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. I).
Romain Malhouitre, a former manager with Dixiana and Woods Edge farms, has been named vice president and general manager of Runnymede Farm Inc., effective immediately.
Martin O'Dowd is opening a new bloodstock management venture while continuing to oversee Runnymede's international breeding and racing operations under a consulting agreement, it was announced Oct. 28.
Consignors and buyers generally were busy and in a good mood one day before the start of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington.
While rest of the world worries about the European debt crisis and America's high unemployment rate, horsemen are starting to see signs that the struggling Thoroughbred market is taking a turn for the better.
Kazadancoa, a foundation mare for Catesby Clay's Runnymede Farm, died at the Paris, Ky., farm March 30.
Rogue Romance will miss the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a fracture in his left forefoot, trainer Ken McPeek reported March 18.
Runnymede Farm has decided to enter homebred Rogue Romance in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 6 at Churchill Downs.
Catesby Clay's Runnymede Farm near Paris, Ky., has enjoyed a string of successes that could not have been more perfectly timed.
Observations from those involved with the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky summer yearling sale.
Quotes from consignors, buyers, and sales company officials at the 2001 Keeneland July Selected Yearling sale
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining