Bertrando, a champion on the racetrack and a leading California sire, has been retired from stud duty after standing in 2011 at Don Cohn's Ballena Vista Farm near Ramona, Calif.
Longtime horse owner Marsha Naify is on a mission these days – to find horses that were either bred or owned by her late father, Marshall Naify, claim and retire them.
Jeffry Morris, long a top consignor and boarder of Thoroughbreds in Central Kentucky, is entering a new phase in his career, as he and his son, Stuart, will enter the stallion business in 2003. Their first prospect will be Malabar Gold, a son of Unbridled currently in training in Southern California.
Marsha Naify's 505 Farms and Training Center in Lexington, Ky. will be offered a public auction on Sept. 13,.
Millionaire Manistique was purchased by Aaron and Marie Jones for $3-million to top Barretts Equine Ltd.'s first phase of the dispersal of the late Marshall Naify's 505 Farms.
Most Popular Stories
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays