Checked twice in the final 250 meters, Japan's star mare Gentildonna showed just what she's made of March 29 in winning the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I) in course-record time at Meydan Racecourse.
The most successful international trainer on Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) night, with a remarkable nine winners, South African Mike de Kock will saddle eight runners for the March 29 card at Meydan.
Late-developing Al Kazeem unleashed his powerful acceleration in the straight and scored his third successive group I win of the year in the Coral Eclipse Stakes July 6 at Sandown.
Godolphin Racing's Dawn Approach battled Toronado in the closing stages of the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) and narrowly won in a thrilling finish June 18 at Royal Ascot.
Dawn Approach and Magician, the respective English and Irish Two Thousand Guineas winners, look set to clash in the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) June 18 at Royal Ascot in what may well be the defining race of the meet.
Unbeaten Dawn Approach will have 11 challengers as the favorite for the 234th Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) June 1.
Godolphin's undefeated European champion Dawn Approach will make his highly anticipated 2013 debut in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I), the first classic of the European season May 4 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup