The Jockey Club and the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced Feb. 27 that The Jockey Club Information Systems has purchased a majority ownership interest in Blood-Horse magazine.
Fritz Widaman has been named Director of Business Development for Blood-Horse Publications. He begins May 19.
'Keeneland: A Thoroughbred Legacy' has won an Independent Publisher Book Award for best sports book of 2010.
TrueNicks has elected horseman and bloodstock manager Doug Cauthen to its board of directors. President of Doug Cauthen Bloodstock Services, Cauthen operates an independent bloodstock management company based in Lexington.
Eric Mitchell has been appointed Executive Vice President of Blood-Horse Publications it was announced Jan. 17. He will retain his primary role of Editorial Director/Editor-in-Chief of The Blood-Horse.
"What's the future of The Blood-Horse?" By Marla Bickel Read Blog
Marla Bickel brings 20 years of experience in publishing with her when she assumes the duties of Blood-Horse Publications' publisher and chief executive officer Nov. 1.
Marla Bickel, Janet Landry, and Ellen Kiser were elected as officers of Blood-Horse Publications by the company's board of trustees at their annual summer meeting last week in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Due to increased interest in the Feb. 3 issue of The Blood-Horse with Barbaro on the cover, Blood-Horse Publications printed additional copies of the magazine that were offered on a single copy basis.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Asmussen Grabs Milestone Win at Oaklawn Park
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby