Following the recent win of their The Conglomerate in the Vodacom Durban July (SAf-I), trainer Joey Ramsden and owners Markus and Ingrid Jooste teamed up July 16 to win another Kwa-Zulu group I feature, the Mercury Sprint, with Red Ray.
Markus and Ingrid Jooste's Rabada took advantage of a slow pace to pick up his second group I victory in the Daily News 2000 May 28 at Greyville Racecourse in South Africa.
Markus and Ingrid Jooste's Legal Eagle silenced doubters when he cut back in distance to win the one-mile L'Ormarins Queen's Plate (SAf-I) Jan. 9 at Kenilworth.
Talented 4-year-old Captain of All showed his class in no uncertain terms when defying top weight to land the Tsogo Sun Sprint (SAf-I) at Scottsville on Sunday.
Two-time South African Horse Of The Year Variety Club has been retired from racing and will return home to South Africa to take up stallion duties at Klawervlei Stud in 2015.
Legislate was named South Africa's Horse of the Year at a glittering awards ceremony in Johannesburg Aug. 13.
Progeny of leading sire Var dominated South Africa's premier day of sprints at Scottsville racecourse May 24.
Boldly overcoming his wide draw, South Africa's Variety Club made all the pace and won the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) over defending victor Soft Falling Rain March 29 at Meydan.
Runner-up in the same race last year, Hill Fifty Four conquered a high-class field in Cape Town's most famous and fashionable horse race.
Favored Happy Valentine proved a classy winner of South Africa's Allan Robertson Championship May 25, one of four group I sprints at 1,200 meters at Scottsville Racecourse in Kwa Zulu Natal.
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- KY-Bred Colts Set for Rematch at Goodwood
- Parx Cancels Given Excessive Heat Warning