The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association and Ellis Park have embarked on a joint marketing initiative that could lay the groundwork for projects at the state's other racetracks.
The California Marketing Committee, a group of the state's leading racing executives, established a rebate system March 1 that rewards patrons based on their play at California racetracks and offtrack facilities.
At its membership meeting in Lexington, Ky., the National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA) unveiled plans for its 2001 national consumer promotions.
Organizers of the first major marketing effort to boost horse racing and encourage betting in Great Britain will spend £10 million over next three years in an attempt to increase racetrack attendance by about one million people, raise off-track betting handle, and increase sponsorships.
Most Popular Stories
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- AmWest Offers Players Chance to Help TCA
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses