Richard's Kid, two-time winner of the Pacific Classic (gr. I) and of six total graded stakes through a 47-start career, has been retired due to a slight tendon tear.
Mark Verge, hired to oversee Santa Anita Park as chief executive officer in March, has stepped down.
Leading TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) contender Richard's Kid was sold privately Aug. 18 and has been transferred from the barn of Bob Baffert to Leandro Mora and Doug O'Neill a week before the renewal of the $1 million race.
All bets are off this year on California legislation that would have allowed racetracks and simulcast locations to take wagers on professional and collegiate sporting events.
The initial foray into horse racing for Los Angeles Lakers stars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol was as brief as it was heartbreaking June 17 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
HRTV has scheduled 13 hours of programming, beginning with the June 6 post position draw, surrounding this year's June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Social media sites were buzzing April 25 with the news that Los Angeles Laker stars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol purchased their first Thoroughbred.
Santa Anita Park capped its 75th winter/spring season April 22 reporting gains in on-track attendance and overall pari-mutuel handle.
Horse owner Mark Verge, a Los Angeles business entrepenuer and author of a marital advice book, has been named chief executive officer for The Stronach Group.
Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint winner Maryfield earns inaugural female sprinter Eclipse Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell