Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
A son of Exceed and Excel topped the third session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, bringing 200,000 guineas ($337,922 in U.S. funds). Mark Richards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club purchased the chestnut colt.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale ended its three-day run with a bang as the most expensive horse of the auction was sold. The son of Exceed and Excel bought 260,000 guineas ($427,718).
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate