Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
A son of Exceed and Excel topped the third session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, bringing 200,000 guineas ($337,922 in U.S. funds). Mark Richards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club purchased the chestnut colt.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale ended its three-day run with a bang as the most expensive horse of the auction was sold. The son of Exceed and Excel bought 260,000 guineas ($427,718).
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy