Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
A son of Exceed and Excel topped the third session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, bringing 200,000 guineas ($337,922 in U.S. funds). Mark Richards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club purchased the chestnut colt.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale ended its three-day run with a bang as the most expensive horse of the auction was sold. The son of Exceed and Excel bought 260,000 guineas ($427,718).
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications