Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
A son of Exceed and Excel topped the third session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, bringing 200,000 guineas ($337,922 in U.S. funds). Mark Richards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club purchased the chestnut colt.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale ended its three-day run with a bang as the most expensive horse of the auction was sold. The son of Exceed and Excel bought 260,000 guineas ($427,718).
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest