Topped by two colts selling for €260,000 (about $285,644 in U.S. currency) each, the Arqana yearling sale got underway Oct. 18 in Deauville, France with record gross and a double-digit increase in average price.
Trainer Jean-Claude Rouget's outstanding season looks likely to have spawned several new relationships, judging by the action during a lively Part II of the Arqana August yearling sale Aug. 16 in Deauville.
Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
A son of Exceed and Excel topped the third session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, bringing 200,000 guineas ($337,922 in U.S. funds). Mark Richards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club purchased the chestnut colt.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale ended its three-day run with a bang as the most expensive horse of the auction was sold. The son of Exceed and Excel bought 260,000 guineas ($427,718).
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate