Led by two colts who each brought $100,000, the first session of the Barretts October Yearling Sale rose 47.15% in average, to $27,145. The 55 head sold at the Oct. 11 session grossed $1,493,000, up 42% from the 2010 gross.
Grade I winner Burning Roma was represented by his first winner when Jitter in Rome won by 11 1/2 lengths Aug. 22 at Mountaineer Park.
The New York Racing Association will move up the 2005 Saratoga seat lottery to Oct. 31, 2004 in order to speed up the processing of seat requests.
Most Popular Stories
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- AQHA President Blodgett Elected to AHC Board
- Santa Anita Stables Reopen Sept. 4
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Golf Outing to Raise Money for Morris, Others
- Florida Sire Stakes Series Continues Sept. 5
- That Handicapping Show: The Woodward Stakes