Group II winner Family One brought the top price of €400,000 ($550,028 in U.S. funds) Nov. 14 during the opening session of the Arqana autumn mixed sale in Deauville in France.
With the Japanese industry continuing to wait for a dominant successor to perennial leading sire Sunday Silence, who died in 2002, much of their hope seems to have fallen on Deep Impact's bay shoulders.
Dr. Naoya and Marie Yoshida, owners of Winchester Farm, have purchased the 268-acre Indian Hill Farm, broodmare division of Eaton Farms near Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington