The 17-year-old son of Mr. Greeley has been purchased by Mr. Tevfik Celikoglu and will stand in Turkey for the 2015 breeding season, it was announced Oct. 14.
Group II winner Family One brought the top price of €400,000 ($550,028 in U.S. funds) Nov. 14 during the opening session of the Arqana autumn mixed sale in Deauville in France.
With the Japanese industry continuing to wait for a dominant successor to perennial leading sire Sunday Silence, who died in 2002, much of their hope seems to have fallen on Deep Impact's bay shoulders.
Dr. Naoya and Marie Yoshida, owners of Winchester Farm, have purchased the 268-acre Indian Hill Farm, broodmare division of Eaton Farms near Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- TCA Appoints Five New Directors
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset