Jockeys Maria Thornton and Carlos Montalvo were taken to Loyola Medical Center after being injured in a spill during the ninth and final race Dec. 4 at Hawthorne Racecourse.
Louisiana-based stallion Neko Bay picked up his first winner Aug. 28 when Magic Bay drew off to a seven-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Arlington Park.
Jockey Maria Thornton won for the first time of her career in the second race July 27 at Arlington International Racecourse, when she guided Stephensclassygal to a 6 1/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes