Jockeys Maria Thornton and Carlos Montalvo were taken to Loyola Medical Center after being injured in a spill during the ninth and final race Dec. 4 at Hawthorne Racecourse.
Louisiana-based stallion Neko Bay picked up his first winner Aug. 28 when Magic Bay drew off to a seven-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Arlington Park.
Jockey Maria Thornton won for the first time of her career in the second race July 27 at Arlington International Racecourse, when she guided Stephensclassygal to a 6 1/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Black Hornet Returns to Defend Vigil Title