Jockeys Maria Thornton and Carlos Montalvo were taken to Loyola Medical Center after being injured in a spill during the ninth and final race Dec. 4 at Hawthorne Racecourse.
Louisiana-based stallion Neko Bay picked up his first winner Aug. 28 when Magic Bay drew off to a seven-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Arlington Park.
Jockey Maria Thornton won for the first time of her career in the second race July 27 at Arlington International Racecourse, when she guided Stephensclassygal to a 6 1/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle