Jockeys Maria Thornton and Carlos Montalvo were taken to Loyola Medical Center after being injured in a spill during the ninth and final race Dec. 4 at Hawthorne Racecourse.
Louisiana-based stallion Neko Bay picked up his first winner Aug. 28 when Magic Bay drew off to a seven-length victory in a maiden claiming race at Arlington Park.
Jockey Maria Thornton won for the first time of her career in the second race July 27 at Arlington International Racecourse, when she guided Stephensclassygal to a 6 1/4-length victory.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf