Haynesfield, winner of the 2010 Jockey Club Gold Cup Stakes (gr. I), will stand at Brereton and Elizabeth Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Harvey Weinstein's Turtle Bird Stable announced Dec. 2 that grade I winner Haynesfield has been retired. A stakes winner each year he raced, Haynesfield won 10 of his 19 lifetime starts for earnings of $1,319,481.
Bigger things await Haynesfield after the 3-year-old colt outclassed five rivals in the $107,600 Whirlaway Stakes Feb. 7 for his third consecutive win on Aqueduct's inner track.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill