Knocking on the door for a grade I victory since she was 2, Whale Capture broke through in her sixth attempt May 13, winning Japan's Victoria Mile by a half-length at Tokyo Racecourse.
Making her first start in a group I event, Erin Court held off a pair of strong challenges to win the $2.3 million Yushun Himba, or Japanese Oaks, at rainy Tokyo Racecourse May 22.
Highlights from weekend racing including foreign races. View Slideshow
Marcellina used a strong closing kick to capture the $2.1 million Oka Sho (Jpn-I), the Japanese equivalent of the English One Thousand Guineas held at Hanshin Racecourse April 10.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Churchill Releases First Quarter Earnings
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition