Knocking on the door for a grade I victory since she was 2, Whale Capture broke through in her sixth attempt May 13, winning Japan's Victoria Mile by a half-length at Tokyo Racecourse.
Making her first start in a group I event, Erin Court held off a pair of strong challenges to win the $2.3 million Yushun Himba, or Japanese Oaks, at rainy Tokyo Racecourse May 22.
Highlights from weekend racing including foreign races. View Slideshow
Marcellina used a strong closing kick to capture the $2.1 million Oka Sho (Jpn-I), the Japanese equivalent of the English One Thousand Guineas held at Hanshin Racecourse April 10.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- For January Race, Pegasus Field Depth Impressive
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year