Knocking on the door for a grade I victory since she was 2, Whale Capture broke through in her sixth attempt May 13, winning Japan's Victoria Mile by a half-length at Tokyo Racecourse.
Making her first start in a group I event, Erin Court held off a pair of strong challenges to win the $2.3 million Yushun Himba, or Japanese Oaks, at rainy Tokyo Racecourse May 22.
Highlights from weekend racing including foreign races. View Slideshow
Marcellina used a strong closing kick to capture the $2.1 million Oka Sho (Jpn-I), the Japanese equivalent of the English One Thousand Guineas held at Hanshin Racecourse April 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- Yearling Sale Season Ends With F-T October
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill