A 2-year-old gelding with strong ties to the Baltimore Orioles figures to get plenty of attention in the $50,000 Maryland Juvenile Futurity for state-breds, one of five stakes on the Dec. 26 program at Laurel Park.
Cash Counter Stables' Everyday Heroes returned from a brief vacation May 16 and picked up where he left off--in the winner's circle. The colt won the grade III Hirsch Jacobs Stakes on the Preakness day program.
Sale records were established for the number of horses sold, gross revenue, and average price at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling auction, which ended on Wednesday. In addition, more horses were sold for six-figure prices than ever before.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Trainer Stuart Earns Career Victory 1,000
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start