A 2-year-old gelding with strong ties to the Baltimore Orioles figures to get plenty of attention in the $50,000 Maryland Juvenile Futurity for state-breds, one of five stakes on the Dec. 26 program at Laurel Park.
Cash Counter Stables' Everyday Heroes returned from a brief vacation May 16 and picked up where he left off--in the winner's circle. The colt won the grade III Hirsch Jacobs Stakes on the Preakness day program.
Sale records were established for the number of horses sold, gross revenue, and average price at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling auction, which ended on Wednesday. In addition, more horses were sold for six-figure prices than ever before.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work