A 2-year-old gelding with strong ties to the Baltimore Orioles figures to get plenty of attention in the $50,000 Maryland Juvenile Futurity for state-breds, one of five stakes on the Dec. 26 program at Laurel Park.
Cash Counter Stables' Everyday Heroes returned from a brief vacation May 16 and picked up where he left off--in the winner's circle. The colt won the grade III Hirsch Jacobs Stakes on the Preakness day program.
Sale records were established for the number of horses sold, gross revenue, and average price at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling auction, which ended on Wednesday. In addition, more horses were sold for six-figure prices than ever before.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Unified's Connections Eye King's Bishop