A 2-year-old gelding with strong ties to the Baltimore Orioles figures to get plenty of attention in the $50,000 Maryland Juvenile Futurity for state-breds, one of five stakes on the Dec. 26 program at Laurel Park.
Cash Counter Stables' Everyday Heroes returned from a brief vacation May 16 and picked up where he left off--in the winner's circle. The colt won the grade III Hirsch Jacobs Stakes on the Preakness day program.
Sale records were established for the number of horses sold, gross revenue, and average price at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling auction, which ended on Wednesday. In addition, more horses were sold for six-figure prices than ever before.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards
- McCarron: Clarification