Conquest Two Step, the winner of the Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 31 at Santa Anita Park, was euthanized April 6 because of complications after surgery to repair a broken bone in his left hind leg.
Benefiting from a sizzling early speed duel, Conquest Two Step rallied through the lane to take the $200,250 Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) over Secret Circle from Santa Anita Park Jan. 31.
Freshman sire Two Step Salsa picked up his first winner June 21 when debuting Conquest Two Step held sway for a two-length victory in a maiden special weight race at Churchill Downs.
Grade II winner Imperialism, whose first winner won in Mexico, came up with his second winner when Master Dunker scored by 8 1/4 lengths.
Double Honor, a graded stakes winner as a 2-year-old, will stand in 2006 at Manuel Andrade's Get Away Farms near Lowell, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf