Conquest Two Step, the winner of the Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 31 at Santa Anita Park, was euthanized April 6 because of complications after surgery to repair a broken bone in his left hind leg.
Benefiting from a sizzling early speed duel, Conquest Two Step rallied through the lane to take the $200,250 Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) over Secret Circle from Santa Anita Park Jan. 31.
Freshman sire Two Step Salsa picked up his first winner June 21 when debuting Conquest Two Step held sway for a two-length victory in a maiden special weight race at Churchill Downs.
Grade II winner Imperialism, whose first winner won in Mexico, came up with his second winner when Master Dunker scored by 8 1/4 lengths.
Double Honor, a graded stakes winner as a 2-year-old, will stand in 2006 at Manuel Andrade's Get Away Farms near Lowell, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport