Conquest Two Step, the winner of the Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 31 at Santa Anita Park, was euthanized April 6 because of complications after surgery to repair a broken bone in his left hind leg.
Benefiting from a sizzling early speed duel, Conquest Two Step rallied through the lane to take the $200,250 Palos Verdes Stakes (gr. II) over Secret Circle from Santa Anita Park Jan. 31.
Freshman sire Two Step Salsa picked up his first winner June 21 when debuting Conquest Two Step held sway for a two-length victory in a maiden special weight race at Churchill Downs.
Grade II winner Imperialism, whose first winner won in Mexico, came up with his second winner when Master Dunker scored by 8 1/4 lengths.
Double Honor, a graded stakes winner as a 2-year-old, will stand in 2006 at Manuel Andrade's Get Away Farms near Lowell, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate