Yellow Agate found some punch in deep stretch and just edged Libby's Tail to score a narrow victory in the $400,000 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 8 at Belmont Park.
The scratch of sprint division leader A. P. Indian and the muddy track conditions Oct. 1 at Belmont Park left the door wide open in the Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) and 7-year-old Joking came right on through for his first top-level triumph.
Longshot Chilean-bred rallied from last to halt an eight-race winless streak.
The 1 1/8-mile Empire Classic was the feature race on a Belmont card that included eight stakes worth a total of $1.75 million.
With heavy rain forecast for Louisville, Ky., April 25, trainer George Weaver opted to send Tencendur to the track early for his final workout before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Repole Stable's Micromanage won his second straight stakes of Aqueduct Racetrack's inner-track meet Jan. 19, scoring over a muddy and sealed track in the first running of the $100,000 Jazil Stakes.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move