Longshot Chilean-bred rallied from last to halt an eight-race winless streak.
The 1 1/8-mile Empire Classic was the feature race on a Belmont card that included eight stakes worth a total of $1.75 million.
With heavy rain forecast for Louisville, Ky., April 25, trainer George Weaver opted to send Tencendur to the track early for his final workout before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Repole Stable's Micromanage won his second straight stakes of Aqueduct Racetrack's inner-track meet Jan. 19, scoring over a muddy and sealed track in the first running of the $100,000 Jazil Stakes.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Preakness TV Rating Grows 6%