Leading German sire Lando was euthanized Aug. 20. The son of Acatenango had undergone successful surgery following a severe bout of colic, but suffered a spiral fracture in a leg upon rising and had to be put down. He was 23.
On May 12, the day of the German 2000 Guineas (Ger-II) in Cologne, Louis Romanet was awarded the Gold Medal of Merit by the German Direktorium.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins