Leading German sire Lando was euthanized Aug. 20. The son of Acatenango had undergone successful surgery following a severe bout of colic, but suffered a spiral fracture in a leg upon rising and had to be put down. He was 23.
On May 12, the day of the German 2000 Guineas (Ger-II) in Cologne, Louis Romanet was awarded the Gold Medal of Merit by the German Direktorium.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms