Manchurian High somehow found another gear late to forge to the lead in the stretch of the $150,000 Sunshine Millions Turf to claim victory in that race a second straight year Jan. 16 at Gulfstream Park.
Twin Creeks Racing Stables' Red Rifle, a front-running type, will carry the field a long way in the June 5 Belmont Gold Cup Invitational Stakes at two miles on the Widener Turf Course.
Stuart Janney III's Ironicus made the best of his stakes debut, rifling through the stretch to claim the $300,000 Longines Dixie (gr. IIT) May 16 at Pimlico Race Course.
Fresh off a victory in the Tampa Bay Stakes (gr. IIIT) 14 days earlier, Lochte looks to continue his winning ways Feb. 7 in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap (gr. IT).
Fair Grounds, Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita, Delta Downs, Oaklawn, Turfway Park and More. View Slideshow
Late-running Manchurian High swept to the lead on the far outside at the top of the stretch and kept going, pulling away to an authoritative win in the $100,000 Sunshine Millions Turf on Saturday Jan. 17 at Gulfstream Park.
Facing older horses for the first time in his career proved no problem for Divine Oath as he held on to top the field in the $100,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Gulfstream Park Dec. 27.
Grade I winner Lochte seeks a return to winning ways July 6 in the $500,000 United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) at Monmouth Park, one of 10 entered for the 1 3/8-mile turf contest at the New Jersey track.
Stonestreet Stables' Kantharos, who turned in the summer's most impressive juvenile stakes performance last out, returns to face four rivals in the $150,000 Saratoga Special (gr. II) Aug. 16 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Phlash Phelps Team Back in Maryland Million
- Shy Ruston is Calibrachoa's First Winner
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland