New York Thoroughbred Breeders held its first meeting of 2016 Jan. 21. The newly seated board is headed by president Thomas J. Gallo III.
The two-session Fasig-Tipton sale of New York-breds Aug. 15-16 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., figures to be strong off the recent history of the sale and the demand seen so far this year in the open yearling market.
Thomas J. Gallo III, longtime vice president of New York Thoroughbred Breeders, was elected president June 8. He replaces Barry Ostrager, who has been appointed a judge in the Civil Branch of the state Supreme Court.
The board of directors of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders unanimously re-elected Thomas J. Gallo III to serve as board vice president and Vivien Malloy as secretary/treasurer.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal