New York Thoroughbred Breeders held its first meeting of 2016 Jan. 21. The newly seated board is headed by president Thomas J. Gallo III.
The two-session Fasig-Tipton sale of New York-breds Aug. 15-16 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., figures to be strong off the recent history of the sale and the demand seen so far this year in the open yearling market.
Thomas J. Gallo III, longtime vice president of New York Thoroughbred Breeders, was elected president June 8. He replaces Barry Ostrager, who has been appointed a judge in the Civil Branch of the state Supreme Court.
The board of directors of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders unanimously re-elected Thomas J. Gallo III to serve as board vice president and Vivien Malloy as secretary/treasurer.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup