Gross rises 14% while average price increases 11.1% in Ireland.
A half-brother by Powerscourt to Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III) winner Ravalo brought $180,000 to headline the Sept. 26 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale
A lively trade at Tattersalls' Autumn Horses In Training Sale continued in Newmarket Oct. 29 when Great Voltigeur Stakes (Eng-II) runner-up Top Lock (GB) (Nayef) sold for 410,000 guineas to Saudi agent Saad Al Kahtani.
Day one of Doncaster's St. Leger sale -- Britain's first yearling auction of 2008 -- produced figures short of their 2007 equivalents Aug. 26.
When Tony Lacy was signing sale tickets for yearlings last year, the Kentucky-based bloodstock agent and Four Star Sales consultant didn't know that two of the horses would distinguish themselves by having siblings running in this year's Kentucky Presented By Yum Brands (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33