For the third consecutive year, Frank Stronach's Adena Springs has been voted the outstanding breeder of the year.
Stronach Stable and jockey Todd Kabel have appealed separately to the Ontario Racing Commission the Fort Erie stewards decision to disqualify Malakoff from Sunday's $500,000 Prince of Wales.
Queen's Plate winner Edenwold is the 5-2 morning line favorite entered for the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Fort Erie Sunday.
Overlooked Edenwold, Canada's champion 2-year-old in 2005, proved his critics wrong by springing a 16-1 upset in the $1 million Queen's Plate Sunday at Woodbine.
Of the 13 horses entered for Sunday's Queen's Plate at Woodbine, 11 have previously run at the Ontario track. But one of the two that hasn't started at Woodbine was made the morning line favorite, and for good reason.
Malakoff is Queen's Plate bound after dominating four rivals in Saturday's $150,000 Marine Stakes (Can-III) Saturday at Woodbine.
Bear Character, one of Woodbine's top American-bred 3-year-olds, takes on four rivals in Saturday's $150,000 Marine Stakes (Can-III) on the Toronto track.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules