Trainer Graham Motion was all smiles April 16 as he reflected on the April 15 victory of Miss Temple City over males in the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile Stakes (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Miss Temple City became the first female to ever win the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile Stakes (gr. IT) when she powered past Heart to Heart in midstretch on her way to a clear victory in Friday's test at Keeneland.
Tepin secured her Eclipse Award honors with a slam-dunk performance in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), beating the boys by 2 1⁄2 lengths in a race which has now had a female winner upon nine occasions.
Top miler Jack Milton, currently the leading U.S. turf earner for his sire War Front, has been retired and will be offered as a stallion prospect at Fasig-Tipton's mixed sale in Lexington on Nov. 1.
Keeneland begins its 2015 spring meet April 3 with the first two days of its 15-day stand anchored by the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes(gr. I), which moves up a week as part of a richer, re-ordered stakes calendar.
Jose Lezcano most likely will ride Wise Dan in the Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland April 12, trainer Charles LoPresti said.
Sullimar Stables' Get Stormy will take on six rivals as he attempts to become just the second repeat winner of the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT) April 13 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf