Trainer Graham Motion was all smiles April 16 as he reflected on the April 15 victory of Miss Temple City over males in the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile Stakes (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Miss Temple City became the first female to ever win the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile Stakes (gr. IT) when she powered past Heart to Heart in midstretch on her way to a clear victory in Friday's test at Keeneland.
Tepin secured her Eclipse Award honors with a slam-dunk performance in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), beating the boys by 2 1⁄2 lengths in a race which has now had a female winner upon nine occasions.
Top miler Jack Milton, currently the leading U.S. turf earner for his sire War Front, has been retired and will be offered as a stallion prospect at Fasig-Tipton's mixed sale in Lexington on Nov. 1.
Keeneland begins its 2015 spring meet April 3 with the first two days of its 15-day stand anchored by the $1 million Toyota Blue Grass Stakes(gr. I), which moves up a week as part of a richer, re-ordered stakes calendar.
Jose Lezcano most likely will ride Wise Dan in the Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT) at Keeneland April 12, trainer Charles LoPresti said.
Sullimar Stables' Get Stormy will take on six rivals as he attempts to become just the second repeat winner of the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT) April 13 at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill