When Keeneland honored the Make-A-Wish Foundation Oct. 10, the organization received a large donation thanks to an anonymous bettor who gave the organization a winning Pick 4 ticket worth $26,000.
Keeneland and nine Central Kentucky Thoroughbred farms are teaming with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the nation's largest wish-granting charity, to host Make-A-Wish Day on Oct. 13.
The Kentucky region of the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Three Chimneys Farm recently teamed up to grant a young boy's wish of meeting Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I) winner Smarty Jones. His experience will be chronicled June 30 during SportsCenter's "My Wish" series at 6:00 on ESPN.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks