However tempting it may be to follow the new hot sire, if a breeder believes in a certain mating or it has been proven to work on one occasion, why shouldn't it be tried again?
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
On Saturday, March 29, two young horses captured an initial graded stakes win at Gulfstream Park and marked themselves as potential elites among the sophomores of 2008. Everyone, of course, by now has heard about Big Brown, runaway winner of the Florida Derby (gr. I) and now a likely favorite for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
A weekly feature found only on BloodHorseNOW.com, " Mahubah's Corner" is Avalyn Hunter's column that explores the bloodlines that produce stakes winners around the world. Please enjoy this special free preview.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer