When Rock Sand swept the English Triple Crown series in 1903, many thought him lucky not to have faced Zinfandel.
However tempting it may be to follow the new hot sire, if a breeder believes in a certain mating or it has been proven to work on one occasion, why shouldn't it be tried again?
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
On Saturday, March 29, two young horses captured an initial graded stakes win at Gulfstream Park and marked themselves as potential elites among the sophomores of 2008. Everyone, of course, by now has heard about Big Brown, runaway winner of the Florida Derby (gr. I) and now a likely favorite for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
A weekly feature found only on BloodHorseNOW.com, " Mahubah's Corner" is Avalyn Hunter's column that explores the bloodlines that produce stakes winners around the world. Please enjoy this special free preview.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park