When Rock Sand swept the English Triple Crown series in 1903, many thought him lucky not to have faced Zinfandel.
However tempting it may be to follow the new hot sire, if a breeder believes in a certain mating or it has been proven to work on one occasion, why shouldn't it be tried again?
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
On Saturday, March 29, two young horses captured an initial graded stakes win at Gulfstream Park and marked themselves as potential elites among the sophomores of 2008. Everyone, of course, by now has heard about Big Brown, runaway winner of the Florida Derby (gr. I) and now a likely favorite for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
A weekly feature found only on BloodHorseNOW.com, " Mahubah's Corner" is Avalyn Hunter's column that explores the bloodlines that produce stakes winners around the world. Please enjoy this special free preview.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short