When Rock Sand swept the English Triple Crown series in 1903, many thought him lucky not to have faced Zinfandel.
However tempting it may be to follow the new hot sire, if a breeder believes in a certain mating or it has been proven to work on one occasion, why shouldn't it be tried again?
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
On Saturday, March 29, two young horses captured an initial graded stakes win at Gulfstream Park and marked themselves as potential elites among the sophomores of 2008. Everyone, of course, by now has heard about Big Brown, runaway winner of the Florida Derby (gr. I) and now a likely favorite for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
A weekly feature found only on BloodHorseNOW.com, " Mahubah's Corner" is Avalyn Hunter's column that explores the bloodlines that produce stakes winners around the world. Please enjoy this special free preview.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation