Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
William Inglis & Son's Sydney Classic yearling sale ended its three-day run in Australia with increases of 8.3% in the number of horses that were sold, 11.7% in gross revenue, 3.2% in average price, and 4% in median price.
Apache Cat takes the group I T.J. Smith Stakes at Royal Randwick over fellow group-I winners Takeover Target and Magnus, thus stamping his ticket to England's Royal Ascot in May.
Despite being the baby of the field and having not raced for four months, Weekend Hussler easily won the Oakleigh Plate (Aus-I) over 5 1/2 furlongs at Caulfield in Australia on Feb. 23.
In the euphoria which followed Miss Andretti's record breaking Newmarket Handicap (Aus-I) success on March 10, Lee Freedman placed the mare on the same elevated plane as Makybe Diva.
Undue grabbed his second major sprint with a grandstand finish to land the Oakleigh Plate (Aus-I) at Caulfield on Feb 24.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap