A pair of colts by two of Western Australia's leading sires topped the second and final session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale at Belmont Feb. 18.
A colt by Australia's current leading freshman Beneteau sold Feb. 17 for $340,000 (US$266,048), the highest price in eight years at the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale, but key market indicators were down.
An Australian-bred filly by Darley's Central Kentucky-based Lonhro sold for $200,000 ($269,207 U.S.) to top the first session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 19 at the Belmont Park sales complex.
As Australia's summer of yearling sales continued all the way across to Western Australia this time, like everywhere else on earth, buyers came to plunder. And it resulted in a WA yearling record.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Tin Type Gal Rallies to Take Boiling Springs
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns