A pair of colts by two of Western Australia's leading sires topped the second and final session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale at Belmont Feb. 18.
A colt by Australia's current leading freshman Beneteau sold Feb. 17 for $340,000 (US$266,048), the highest price in eight years at the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale, but key market indicators were down.
An Australian-bred filly by Darley's Central Kentucky-based Lonhro sold for $200,000 ($269,207 U.S.) to top the first session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 19 at the Belmont Park sales complex.
As Australia's summer of yearling sales continued all the way across to Western Australia this time, like everywhere else on earth, buyers came to plunder. And it resulted in a WA yearling record.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline