A pair of colts by two of Western Australia's leading sires topped the second and final session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale at Belmont Feb. 18.
A colt by Australia's current leading freshman Beneteau sold Feb. 17 for $340,000 (US$266,048), the highest price in eight years at the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale, but key market indicators were down.
An Australian-bred filly by Darley's Central Kentucky-based Lonhro sold for $200,000 ($269,207 U.S.) to top the first session of the Magic Millions Perth yearling sale Feb. 19 at the Belmont Park sales complex.
As Australia's summer of yearling sales continued all the way across to Western Australia this time, like everywhere else on earth, buyers came to plunder. And it resulted in a WA yearling record.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- What's Going On Here: It Ain't All Flowers
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- 360 Cataloged for Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses