Effective April 8 Gulfstream Park for the last three Fridays of its current meet is sending the simulcast signal of its full live card to two local facilities on an experimental basis.
The South Florida track is also making plans for Thoroughbred races and a casino beginning with the 2011-12 season.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has approved Hialeah Park's request to hold its 2010-2011 Quarter Horse meet from Dec. 3, 2010 through Jan. 23, 2011.
In a suit filed July 21 in Tallahassee, Fla., Hialeah Park and four other Quarter Horse permit holders are asking a state court to take away Calder Casino & Race Course's two Thoroughbred permits.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury