Effective April 8 Gulfstream Park for the last three Fridays of its current meet is sending the simulcast signal of its full live card to two local facilities on an experimental basis.
The South Florida track is also making plans for Thoroughbred races and a casino beginning with the 2011-12 season.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has approved Hialeah Park's request to hold its 2010-2011 Quarter Horse meet from Dec. 3, 2010 through Jan. 23, 2011.
In a suit filed July 21 in Tallahassee, Fla., Hialeah Park and four other Quarter Horse permit holders are asking a state court to take away Calder Casino & Race Course's two Thoroughbred permits.
Most Popular Stories
- Lani to Return in Al Maktoum Challenge Round 3
- Hartley, De Renzo Move Operation Into New Dimension
- McCraken to Miss Tampa Bay Derby With Ankle Strain
- A $300 Million Question at Pimlico Race Course
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Time Loves A Hero
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Bernardini Colt Among Horses to Watch at Gulfstream
- Illinois Board Approves $500K for Purses