Woodford Stallions at Stonewall Farm Ocala has hired Doug Phalin as general manager, along with his wife, Laurie, as new farm manager, the operation announced Jan. 4.
Curlin, North America's richest horse with earnings of more than $10.5 million, began his new career Feb. 13 when he covered his first mare at Will S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
A half-sister to champion Afleet Alex was born March 10 at Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Farm near Lexington.
On the same day Afleet Alex won the $1-million Belmont Stakes (gr. I), his full brother, Unforgettable Max, won a $47,000 allowance/optional claiming test across the Hudson River and down the Garden State Parkway at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Big Move Forward on Concussion Protocol