Woodford Stallions at Stonewall Farm Ocala has hired Doug Phalin as general manager, along with his wife, Laurie, as new farm manager, the operation announced Jan. 4.
Curlin, North America's richest horse with earnings of more than $10.5 million, began his new career Feb. 13 when he covered his first mare at Will S. Farish's Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
A half-sister to champion Afleet Alex was born March 10 at Jess Jackson's Stonestreet Farm near Lexington.
On the same day Afleet Alex won the $1-million Belmont Stakes (gr. I), his full brother, Unforgettable Max, won a $47,000 allowance/optional claiming test across the Hudson River and down the Garden State Parkway at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell