A deep field of a dozen distaffers will sprint 6 1/2 furlongs for a $400,000 pot in the Sept. 8 Presque Isle Downs Masters Stakes (gr. II).
Judy the Beauty, able to sit off a hot pace duel, swung into action in the stretch and inched away to a clear victory in the $147,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) Aug. 17 at Del Mar.
Reneesgotzip returns to Del Mar Aug. 17 to defend her title in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Stakes (gr. III), but the speedster faces a salty cast in her first start since the 2013 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Sprint.
Grade I winner Sweet Lulu makes her first start since a fifth-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) as the likely choice in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes (gr. I) opening day Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
One of two also-eligibles, Madame Cactus drew in to the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) and unleashed a tremendous rally to get up at odds of 11-1 at Keeneland Oct. 19.
Steve Asmussen-trained Madame Cactus heads wide-open field stretching out to a mile.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- TimeformUS Stakes Preview
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers