Freshman son of Flatter's first crop showing potential
Dual graded stakes winner Mad Flatter will stand at Glen and Becky Brok's Diamond B Farm near Mohrsville, Pa.
Multiple graded stakes winner Mad Flatter has been retired from racing and will enter stud for the 2013 season.
Mad Flatter, winner of the Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) last month, heads the field for the co-featured $150,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap on the annual Florida Million program at Calder Casino and Race Course.
Keeneland, Calder, and Woodbine highlight this week in photos. View Slideshow
Bonnie Heath Farm's homebred Mad Flatter won the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) for the second straight year when he held off Mambo Meister by a length Oct. 15 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
Mad Flatter and Mambo Meister, the winners of the last two editions of the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III), will face off again in the 1 1/16-mile race Oct. 15 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
After returning from the sidelines, Mission Impazible hopes to make another big score in New Orleans when he takes on Apart in the $125,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) on Feb. 19.
Mad Flatter took a commanding lead after three-quarters of a mile and coasted to a 6 1/4-length victory over defending champion Mambo Meister on Oct. 16 in the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) at Calder.
Blocked in the stretch, Gran Estreno exploited an unexpected opening at the rail to win the $120,000 Washington Park Handicap (gr. III) for the second year in a row at Arlington Park Sept. 4.
Gran Estreno, who posted a mild upset when winning the 2009 edition of the Washington Park Handicap (gr. III), returns in search of a repeat as part of a seven-horse field in the $150,000 race Sept. 4 at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017