Following a record-smashing beginning to its October yearling sale last week in Newmarket, Tattersalls enjoyed strong trade on the Oct. 14 first day of its Book 2 catalog to jump start week two.
A Montjeu colt out of European champion Finsceal Beo lit up the board at Kildare Paddocks Oct. 3 when selling for ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬2.85 million ($3,881,536 in United States funds) at the Goffs Orby yearling sale in Ireland.
Shadwell Estate Co. bought a Raven's Pass filly for 520,000 Euros (US$706,454), the highest price at the opening of session of Goffs Orby yearling sale Oct. 2 at Kildare Paddocks in County Kildare, Ireland.
A colt by War Front out of a full sister to the dam of Departing was sold for $1 million as the second seven-figure horse at the first session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones