Storm Mesa, a grade II-winning daughter of Sky Mesa, has been retired from racing because of a fractured sesamoid in her right front leg.
It seems that no matter what they throw at the vastly improving Storm Mesa, she can handle it. In her latest test, the daughter of Sky Mesa was shipped to Del Mar for her turf debut July 26, and in spite of an eventful trip, she rallied past pacesetter Misty Ocean and Tasha's Miracle to win the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for her fifth consecutive triumph.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm