PORTER ON PEDIGREES
Gala Award does not have a pedigree that one would normally associate with a turf specialist, and his connections are now considering races such as the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Son of a Brazilian-bred stallion and a German mare, Animal Kingdom has perhaps the most international pedigree of any Kentucky Derby winner in history.
Attorney Jim Philpott has taken a lot of journeys throughout his life. And though he was casually involved with horses at a young age, he never imagined his career path after law school would eventually revolve around the Thoroughbred world.
By Marion Gross - I don't know anywhere else you can go and see a 35-year-old horse. I would like for Stop the Music to eat more but he seems happy and healthy. Guess he eats as much as he wants. Older people don't eat as much either.
Lyphard, one of the great sires of recent times and certainly one of the longest living, was euthanized June 10 at Gainesway Farm near Lexington.
- By Dan Liebman
John Gaines, who built Gainesway Farm into one of the industry's leading stud farms and is the man credited with founding the Breeders' Cup, died Feb. 11. He was 76.
Lyphard, Stop the Music, and Irish River Still Enjoying Life at Gainesway
Green Dancer, the sire 83 stakes winners, was euthanized Friday at Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm near Lexington, Ky. 28-year-old son of Nijinsky II had been pensioned last week because of the infirmities of age.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms