Kentucky-based horseman Roderick Wachman secured a Medaglia d'Oro colt for $230,000 (US$180,276), the highest price at the platinum session for weanlings at the Inglis Australian broodmare and weanling sale May 3.
A Fastnet Rock filly sold for the overall top price at the Karaka premier yearling sale, bringing NZ$800,000 ($596,902 in U.S. funds) on closing day Jan. 27.
A Duporth colt brought NZ$105,000 ($83,474 in U.S. funds) to top the opening day of New Zealand Bloodstock's national weanling and broodmare sale May 7 at Karaka in New Zealand.
A daughter of No Excuse Needed and a son of Dubawi were the standouts Feb. 2 during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka.
The New Zealand national yearling auction is trailing behind last year's pace after the opening day in Karaka Jan. 26. During the first session of the sale's premier portion, the 173 horses that sold grossed NZ$25,973,500 (approximately $13,752,189 in U.S. funds) and averaged NZ$150,136 ($79,493). The median price was NZ$100,000 ($52,947).
New Zealand Bloodstock's ready to run sale of 2-year-olds ended its two-day stand in Karaka Nov. 19 with solid results. The average price of NZ$60,366 was down only 1.3% from 2007's comparable figure of NZ$61,134, which was a record for the auction. The median price of NZ$33,000 represented a drop of 8.3% from NZ$36,000 last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'