Kentucky-based horseman Roderick Wachman secured a Medaglia d'Oro colt for $230,000 (US$180,276), the highest price at the platinum session for weanlings at the Inglis Australian broodmare and weanling sale May 3.
A Fastnet Rock filly sold for the overall top price at the Karaka premier yearling sale, bringing NZ$800,000 ($596,902 in U.S. funds) on closing day Jan. 27.
A Duporth colt brought NZ$105,000 ($83,474 in U.S. funds) to top the opening day of New Zealand Bloodstock's national weanling and broodmare sale May 7 at Karaka in New Zealand.
A daughter of No Excuse Needed and a son of Dubawi were the standouts Feb. 2 during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka.
The New Zealand national yearling auction is trailing behind last year's pace after the opening day in Karaka Jan. 26. During the first session of the sale's premier portion, the 173 horses that sold grossed NZ$25,973,500 (approximately $13,752,189 in U.S. funds) and averaged NZ$150,136 ($79,493). The median price was NZ$100,000 ($52,947).
New Zealand Bloodstock's ready to run sale of 2-year-olds ended its two-day stand in Karaka Nov. 19 with solid results. The average price of NZ$60,366 was down only 1.3% from 2007's comparable figure of NZ$61,134, which was a record for the auction. The median price of NZ$33,000 represented a drop of 8.3% from NZ$36,000 last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf
- Exaggerator Gallops at Pimlico Race Course
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont