Kentucky-based horseman Roderick Wachman secured a Medaglia d'Oro colt for $230,000 (US$180,276), the highest price at the platinum session for weanlings at the Inglis Australian broodmare and weanling sale May 3.
A Fastnet Rock filly sold for the overall top price at the Karaka premier yearling sale, bringing NZ$800,000 ($596,902 in U.S. funds) on closing day Jan. 27.
A Duporth colt brought NZ$105,000 ($83,474 in U.S. funds) to top the opening day of New Zealand Bloodstock's national weanling and broodmare sale May 7 at Karaka in New Zealand.
A daughter of No Excuse Needed and a son of Dubawi were the standouts Feb. 2 during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale at Karaka.
The New Zealand national yearling auction is trailing behind last year's pace after the opening day in Karaka Jan. 26. During the first session of the sale's premier portion, the 173 horses that sold grossed NZ$25,973,500 (approximately $13,752,189 in U.S. funds) and averaged NZ$150,136 ($79,493). The median price was NZ$100,000 ($52,947).
New Zealand Bloodstock's ready to run sale of 2-year-olds ended its two-day stand in Karaka Nov. 19 with solid results. The average price of NZ$60,366 was down only 1.3% from 2007's comparable figure of NZ$61,134, which was a record for the auction. The median price of NZ$33,000 represented a drop of 8.3% from NZ$36,000 last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan