Trainers comment on the offspring of Speightstown they have raced. Read the full feature in the Jan. 12, 2013, issue of The Blood-Horse. view slideshow
Shackleford gave his fans something to remember in the final start of his career with a gate to wire victory in the 138th edition of the $447,000 Clark Handicap (gr. I) Nov. 23 at Churchill Downs.
Game On Dude was named the 125-pound highweight for the $400,000-added Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs Nov. 23, but is not expected to run. The likely highweight could be Shackleford.
Lunar Victory and Saratoga Snacks were the favorite and second choice, respectively, in the $250,000 Empire Classic at Belmont Park Oct. 20--and they ran that way.
A field of nine, including the 3-year-old filly Haldane, will contest the 1 1/8-mile event in which 5-year-old Lunar Victory is the 8-5 favorite to pick up his fifth win in six 2012 starts for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier