Trainers comment on the offspring of Speightstown they have raced. Read the full feature in the Jan. 12, 2013, issue of The Blood-Horse. view slideshow
Shackleford gave his fans something to remember in the final start of his career with a gate to wire victory in the 138th edition of the $447,000 Clark Handicap (gr. I) Nov. 23 at Churchill Downs.
Game On Dude was named the 125-pound highweight for the $400,000-added Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs Nov. 23, but is not expected to run. The likely highweight could be Shackleford.
Lunar Victory and Saratoga Snacks were the favorite and second choice, respectively, in the $250,000 Empire Classic at Belmont Park Oct. 20--and they ran that way.
A field of nine, including the 3-year-old filly Haldane, will contest the 1 1/8-mile event in which 5-year-old Lunar Victory is the 8-5 favorite to pick up his fifth win in six 2012 starts for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- Madefromlucky Gets Job Done in WV Derby
- Rock Fall Edges The Big Beast in Vanderbilt
- Red Rifle Blasts Through in Bowling Green
- Rare Upset for Jockey Parker at Mountaineer
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Gabriel Charles Set for Arlington Million
- Trinniberg Winner Falling Sky Could Go to Spa
- Champ Work All Week Takes Mountaineer Stakes
- Travers Purse $1.6 Million if 'Pharoah' Runs