Mark Russell's Russell Road, a millionaire West Virginia-bred, signaled he's ready for another campaign with a smashing victory in the $50,000 Confucius Say Stakes at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races Apri 14.
Favored Russell Road won the West Virginia Breeders' Classic for the second time in his career Oct. 15, sweeping past pacesetter Plantation and holding steady for a two-length victory in the $450,000 event at Charles Town.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
Researcher will try to win the $1 million Charles Town Classic for the second straight year, this time for his late owner, Herman Greenberg
The winner of the inaugural Charles Town Classic in 2009 seems well on his way to making a bid for top honors again this year.
The clerk of scales and seven jockeys at Charles Town Races & Slots have been suspended and fined as a result of an investigation into riders competing with incorrect weight.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November
- Mondialiste Likely for Breeders' Cup Turf