Jockey Paco Lopez is expected to miss up to two months after suffering a broken collarbone and six fractured ribs in a spill at Gulfstream Park March 17, according to his agent Cory Moran.
Gulfstream Park jockeys Paco Lopez and Antonio Gallardo were transported to Memorial Regional Hospital on the evening of March 17 after both were involved in a spill in the 11th race, the track reported.
Florida-based Fred Brei and Stanley Gold won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies with Awesome Feather in 2010, and are back at Churchill Downs again with Awesome Belle and Fort Loudon, both homebreds by Awesome of Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle