Del Mar Thoroughbred Club will kick off its 75th summer racing season July 17 with a new racing secretary and veteran team of other racing officials for the 36-day meet that runs through Sept. 3.
Jockey Luis Jauregui, who fractured one of his lower vertebrae in a Jan. 26 racing accident, was discharged from Arcadia Methodist Hospital Jan. 30 after a four-day stay.
Jockey Luis Jauregui remained hospitalized Friday due to injuries incurred in an accident at the start of the eighth race Jan. 26 at Santa Anita.
In an effort to snap a two-game losing streak, the Santa Anita jockeys will put a new and improved lineup on the floor when they play Holy Angels School in their annual basketball game Feb. 26 at La Salle High School in Pasadena.
Tony Lovato, who has ridden with success in Texas and Louisiana, will try his hand at Santa Anita on a regular basis soon, according to his agent, Tommy Ball.
A little rain and a new approach to help retain moisture in the main track at Santa Anita Park seems to have addressed some gripes aired the week of Feb. 11 by jockeys about conditions at the Arcadia, Calif., facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend