The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation's board of directors announced Feb. 27 that the foundation will fund a slate of 19 research projects worth $1,003,580 in 2014.
The board of directors of Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation has approved funding of 12 new projects plus an unprecedented three Storm Cat Development Awards.
The New York Racing Association announced May 3 that Charles V. Wait has been appointed by NYRA to its board of directors, replacing Lucy Young Hamilton.
The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation is now selling a customized, limited-edition book of equine-related cartoons, all of which have appeared in The New Yorker magazine.
By Lucy Young Hamilton - Many causes connected to racing deserve our best efforts and generosity. I am personally connected with several, and believe in each of them, but the work of Grayson-Jockey Club is special. Here the good graces of those in racing directly benefit the animal that makes it all possible.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement