Dr. Mark Dedomenico's Blind Luck, the champion 3-year-old filly of 2010, has been officially retired from racing and booked to Darley stallion Bernardini.
In their unfolding battle for supremacy in the national older female rankings, Blind Luck put her nose narrowly in front of Havre de Grace after winning a spellbinding stretch duel in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II).
Blind Luck made Jerry Hollendorfer's 65th birthday a special one when she rallied from last in the stretch to capture the $250,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) June 18 at Hollywood Park.
Favored Blind Luck overcame a bad stumble at the start to collar Unrivaled Belle in the final strides for half-length win in the $330,900 La Troienne (gr. II) May 6, the first of five graded stakes on Kentucky Oaks Day.
The robust market for top-end young mares continued during the second session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale as five horses sold for seven-figure prices.
Blind Luck, the 6-5 favorite in a full field of 14 fillies for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), rallies from far back to catch Evening Jewel in the last jump.
Last at the top of the stretch, Blind Luck charged down the middle of the track to capture the $250,000 Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I) by a nose over an unlucky Evening Jewel at Santa Anita Feb. 13.
With a breathtaking move in the lane, Blind Luck demolished a strong field in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) on closing day of the Hollywood Park fall meet Dec. 20.
Blind Luck, an $11,000 yearling, blasted down the stretch to win the $300,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 4. The victory ensured a start in the $1 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase