A Kentucky-bred son of Sky Mesa was sold for $60,000 to top the Aug. 13 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Northern California sale at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.
She's a Tiger came as advertised in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes, speeding to a sharp victory as the 3-5 choice July 13 over six rival juvenile fillies at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The average price at the 2012 Northern California Yearling Sale jumped by 50% over last year during the ninth annual event Aug. 14 at Pleasanton's Alameda County Fairgrounds.
Lucky J.H., a graded stakes winner of 8 of 20 starts, with earnings of $632,065, has been retired to the place of his birth, his owner/breeder John Harris's Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Legatissimo Favored in 11-Horse Investec Oaks
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- Belmont Stakes: Bob Baffert Presser