A Kentucky-bred son of Sky Mesa was sold for $60,000 to top the Aug. 13 California Thoroughbred Breeders Association Northern California sale at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton.
She's a Tiger came as advertised in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes, speeding to a sharp victory as the 3-5 choice July 13 over six rival juvenile fillies at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The average price at the 2012 Northern California Yearling Sale jumped by 50% over last year during the ninth annual event Aug. 14 at Pleasanton's Alameda County Fairgrounds.
Lucky J.H., a graded stakes winner of 8 of 20 starts, with earnings of $632,065, has been retired to the place of his birth, his owner/breeder John Harris's Harris Farm near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires