The Del Mar horse crowd dug deep into their pockets July 18 to raise more than $80,000 for retired racehorses at the California Retirement Management Account's annual CARMA Cares Charity Fundraiser.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance is teaming with California Retirement Management Account at the Breeders' Cup World Championships to promote awareness of Thoroughbred aftercare.
There are many ways to raise awareness and money for Thoroughbred aftercare, and at the recent Barretts October yearling sale one idea proved very successful.
More than 60 Thoroughbreds, most of them former racehorses, will be competing April 20-21 in the first Thoroughbred Classic Horse Show at the Mission Viejo Horse Park in San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Keeneland September Sale: 4,164 Yearlings
- Delaware Jockey Facing Charges After Shooting
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- For Now, Nine Expected to Race in WV Derby
- Korean-Bred Not Just a Novelty at F-T Sale
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- WV Stakeholders Seek Racing Revenue Boost
- HRRN On-Site for Haskell, Saratoga Stakes