The Del Mar horse crowd dug deep into their pockets July 18 to raise more than $80,000 for retired racehorses at the California Retirement Management Account's annual CARMA Cares Charity Fundraiser.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance is teaming with California Retirement Management Account at the Breeders' Cup World Championships to promote awareness of Thoroughbred aftercare.
There are many ways to raise awareness and money for Thoroughbred aftercare, and at the recent Barretts October yearling sale one idea proved very successful.
More than 60 Thoroughbreds, most of them former racehorses, will be competing April 20-21 in the first Thoroughbred Classic Horse Show at the Mission Viejo Horse Park in San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Unbridled Unleashed