The Del Mar horse crowd dug deep into their pockets July 18 to raise more than $80,000 for retired racehorses at the California Retirement Management Account's annual CARMA Cares Charity Fundraiser.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance is teaming with California Retirement Management Account at the Breeders' Cup World Championships to promote awareness of Thoroughbred aftercare.
There are many ways to raise awareness and money for Thoroughbred aftercare, and at the recent Barretts October yearling sale one idea proved very successful.
More than 60 Thoroughbreds, most of them former racehorses, will be competing April 20-21 in the first Thoroughbred Classic Horse Show at the Mission Viejo Horse Park in San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture