Storm the Stars, the first foal produced from Love Me Only, whose buyers attempted to have their $2.1 million purchase of the mare rescinded by a court last year, has become a stakes winner in England.
A Fayette (Lexington) Circuit Court jury failed Oct. 28 to reach a verdict in a lawsuit filed over the disputed purchase of the broodmare Love Me Only for $2.1 million in 2011.
Executives of Coolmore Stud and its U.S. entity Ashford Stud were on the witness stand Oct. 23 during the fourth day of a trial over the disputed sale of the broodmare Love Me Only in 2011.
The last foal of the 2014 breeding season at Coolmore Ireland was foaled June 1 when 23-year-old Mariah's Storm produced her 13th live foal--a filly by perennial European champion sire Galileo.
A leading sales agency and three horse owners continue to wrangle with another prominent breeder over the November 2011, $2.1 million sale of the mare Love Me Only, as the purchaser alleges fraud by the consignors.
Frank and Jane Lyon's Summer Wind Farm paid $2.1 million for the Sadler's Wells mare Love Me Only, consigned as Hip No. 383 by Eaton Sales, during the Nov. 8 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory