Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale kicked off with solid trade and a gain in median but few fireworks during the opening session Jan. 6 in Lexington.
Louvakhova, a stakes-winning daughter of Maria's Mon, was purchased by Glen Hill Farm for $425,000 during the Jan. 6 first session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Flotilla, the 2012 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies' Turf (gr. IT) winner, caught Esoterique in the closing strides and won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas) May 12 at Longchamp.
Jason Shandler, Tom LaMarra and Ian Tapp handicap the Marshua's River Stakes at Gulfstream Park this week. watch video
German-bred Daveron, who won three of her four starts in 2011, will tote top weight of 123 pounds in the $100,000 Marshua's River (gr. IIIT), which drew a full field of fillies and mares Jan. 7 at Gulfstream Park.
The rapidly improving Hungry Island, who gave a good showing in her grade I debut last out, is one of several top contenders in a well-matched field of 12 for the $175,000 Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) Nov. 12 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Bill Authorizes New Jersey Casino Referendum
- Trainer Michael de Kock on Mubtaahij
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Fairmount Sale Hinges on Approval for Slots
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Miles To Go: Metropolitan Handicap History