Keeneland's January horses of all ages sale kicked off with solid trade and a gain in median but few fireworks during the opening session Jan. 6 in Lexington.
Louvakhova, a stakes-winning daughter of Maria's Mon, was purchased by Glen Hill Farm for $425,000 during the Jan. 6 first session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
Flotilla, the 2012 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies' Turf (gr. IT) winner, caught Esoterique in the closing strides and won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas) May 12 at Longchamp.
Jason Shandler, Tom LaMarra and Ian Tapp handicap the Marshua's River Stakes at Gulfstream Park this week. watch video
German-bred Daveron, who won three of her four starts in 2011, will tote top weight of 123 pounds in the $100,000 Marshua's River (gr. IIIT), which drew a full field of fillies and mares Jan. 7 at Gulfstream Park.
The rapidly improving Hungry Island, who gave a good showing in her grade I debut last out, is one of several top contenders in a well-matched field of 12 for the $175,000 Mrs. Revere Stakes (gr. IIT) Nov. 12 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards