Defending champion Sunbean is back to defend his title in the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship, the headline event during a full evening of stakes racing Feb. 7 at Delta Downs in Vinton, La.
Heavy On Themister, ridden by Rosie Napravnik, ran away with the 10th running of the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship at Delta Downs Feb. 2 to highlight a 10-stakes card for state-breds at Vinton, La.
Evan Hammonds recaps the Sam F. Davis Stakes, the Robert B. Lewis Stakes, and touches on the Withers. Evan also comments on Star Guitar's victory in the Louisiana Premier Night Championship. watch video
Star Guitar won the Louisiana Premier Night Championship for the fourth consecutive time, rallying from last early to capture the $200,000 event by 3 1/4 lengths on the night of Feb. 4 at Delta Downs.
Star Guitar chalked up his sixth win in a row when he cruised to a 3 1/2-length win in the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship Stakes Feb. 6 at Delta Downs.
Costa Rising, a winner of eight of 13 starts last year, is the even-money favorite on the morning line for Saturday's $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship at Delta Downs.
A total of 136 horses bred in Louisiana are pre-entered in the six stakes races worth more than $550,000 that will make up the 2006 edition of Louisiana Premier Night to be held at Evangeline Downs Racetrack and Casino on Feb. 18.
Spritely Walker heads a cast of seven in the $200,000 Louisiana Premier Night Championship, the featured event in a series of 10 races worth $1 million for state breds at Delta Downs Saturday night.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H
- Charles Town, Oaklawn Cancel Friday Cards
- New Round of Casino Bidding OK'd in New York
- Dr. Tony Ryan Book Award Semifinalists Named
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions