The inaugural Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos Race Course began successfully July 3 with encouraging attendance and handle figures.
The California Horse Racing Board gave approval for the Los Angeles County Fair to move its three-week meet to Los Alamitos Race Course after 75 years of racing at the Pomona fairgrounds.
The Los Alamitos Racing Association was granted a license to operate its first Thoroughbred meet July 3-13 at the Orange County racetrack by the California Horse Racing Board.
Los Alamitos Racing Association, in partnership with the California-based insurance brokerage firm Bolton & Company, will offer a $1 million bonus tied to the new $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan