The inaugural Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos Race Course began successfully July 3 with encouraging attendance and handle figures.
The California Horse Racing Board gave approval for the Los Angeles County Fair to move its three-week meet to Los Alamitos Race Course after 75 years of racing at the Pomona fairgrounds.
The Los Alamitos Racing Association was granted a license to operate its first Thoroughbred meet July 3-13 at the Orange County racetrack by the California Horse Racing Board.
Los Alamitos Racing Association, in partnership with the California-based insurance brokerage firm Bolton & Company, will offer a $1 million bonus tied to the new $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby (gr. II) July 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm