After scoring the first stakes win of career earlier in the summer at Los Alamitos Race Course, Soi Phet returned to the one-mile oval to register a 7 1/4-length romp in the inaugural $200,000 Los Alamitos Mile Sept. 6.
Promising 4-year-old Masochistic is the 7-5 morning line favorite for the inaugural Los Alamitos Mile Sept. 6 in a field that also includes a pair of stakes winners at the summer meet at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Live daytime racing comes back to Los Alamitos Race Course from Sept. 5-21 with an 11-day fall meeting in conjunction with the Los Angeles County Fair.
Dual classic winner California Chrome turned in his first workout since the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), breezing three furlongs handily the morning of Aug. 8 at Los Alamitos Racecourse.
Los Alamitos Race Course received passing marks for its two-week Thoroughbred meet that ended July 13, but a track official conceded that there was room for improvement.
Dual classic winner California Chrome is due to return to his Los Alamitos stable July 17, two weeks earlier than expected. His first start back could come at his home track Sept. 20, said trainer Art Sherman.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death