J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Charles Town Classic (gr. II) at Charles Town. read blog
After winning a graded stakes for the first time since 2011 in his previous start, Pants On Fire will try for two straight when he starts in the $100,000 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 7 at Churchill Downs.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Palace Malice towers over nine other sophomores -- including Mylute, Code West, Vyjack, and Moreno -- entered in the July 27 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga.
On a rainy day at Saratoga Race Course, 2012 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Fort Larned breezed five furlongs in 1:01.19 over the sloppy main track.
Fort Larned breezed five furlongs in 1:03.81 over the main track at Saratoga on July 20, while Mucho Macho Man went in 1:01.61. The two continue to prepare for the Aug. 3 Whitney Invitational, won by Fort Larned in 2012.
Jim Tafel's homebred Looking Cool certainly kept his cool in the heat of battle down the Prairie Meadows stretch June 29 to prevail by a neck at 17-1 odds in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III).
Uncaptured returns to the home of his Kentucky Jockey Club (gr. II) victory in hopes of also returning to winning ways in the $100,000 Matt Winn Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs June 15.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner